Washdown scales are now available at really low prices, ideal for catering, bakeries and delis as they are easy to clean. Ensure they have an IP66 rating and feature NRCS and EC type approvals making them suitable for trade use.
Price Computing Scales:
These models feature weighing and price computing features, ideal for retail environments. Most models also feature rechargeable batteries, making them ideal for outside use i.e. markets, farm shops and more. Generally, price computing scales have 100 product look-ups displaying price per 100gms or price per kilo. Bench models and pole models are also available.
There are many types of counting scales available depending on your requirements. They range from small lightweight models to heavy duty floor scales with pole display.
- Parts counting scales offer models able to count items from 0.01gram with a capacity up to 4kg+.
- Counting scales should have a numeric keypad for unit weight and sample entry with a backlit display showing total weight, unit weight, and number of pieces.
- Rugged industrial scales are also available. Ensure the scale has overload facility protection, grade 304 stainless steel pan, and non slip rubber feet. Many models for heavy duty applications have a capacity of 300Kg ideal in industrial settings.
Ensure that many of the features listed below should be fairly standard on a reasonably priced model
- Backlit display which can be programmed to be always on or always off or only on when weighing
- Grade 304 stainless steel pan
- RS232 interface for connection to computers and printers
- Audible overload alarm
- Preset tare function
- Zero tracking ensuring display returns to zero
- Rechargeable battery with auto power-off to save energy